Friday, May 11, 2012

30 Day Detox Wellness Cleanse - What Comes Next?

Here I am- looking at the last few days of my 30 day detox.  I feel better/healthier than I have in my entire life!  My headaches (that have been forever present since I was a child) are G.O.N.E.  The last one I had was mild and on Day 3 of my detox.  Body aches/pains - other than the muscle or something that I pulled in my back at the gym - GONE.  (Oh and ladies, I had my first symptom-free menstrual cycle! Seriously, no cramping, no back pain, no bloating, no migraine headache, no nausea.  I had no forewarning of the onset other than I knew it was coming soon from looking at my calendar!!)  I have people commenting that my skin looks great - "Are you wearing make-up?" (No) and my hair looks shinier/healthier/growing faster.   My face looks thinner, I'm fitting into clothes I haven't worn in FOUR years. I have lost 16 pounds!!  

Bob and I personally can't believe how incredible CLEAN food tastes!  I made our first "dessert" that we've had since going on this detox and it was fat/sugar free - (recipe coming soon) and we couldn't eat much of it because it was "too sweet".  Yes, those dates are reeaally sweet when you haven't had sugar in almost 4 weeks!! 

I started this detox because I was having some health concerns and my doctors (I had been to several, and each more than once) couldn't figure out what this pain was that I had in my lower abdomen.  After many visits and examinations, x-rays, ultrasounds etc, my general practitioner told me to go see a Gastroenterologist for a (colonoscopy!) YIKES!!  I'm going on 32....I couldn't believe I would need this at my age!! So, three days later - yep - you got it- I decided to rid my body of all this STUFF to see just what would happen if I put CLEAN food into it. 

The result?

NO MORE PAIN IN MY LOWER ABDOMEN!

After all these amazing results that I have experienced in such a short period of time, what's the logical thing to do next?  Do I:  a) congratulate myself for a job well done this past month and reward myself by going back to my former way of eating/living or b) celebrate my accomplishments and reward myself by continuing to eat clean so I can continue to feel this amazing???

I choose B

How can I not?  It's just not worth it.  The slice of bread or whole wheat pasta, the sugary snacks, the crackers and cheese.  I wasn't a poor eater prior to going on this detox.  Not by the standard anyway, but I have learned SO MUCH in the past month and I know now how much the food I thought was good for me was doing more harm than good.

So what's my next goal?  I have 2 days left of my 30 day detox and am extending it to the end of May.  At that point, I am considering testing myself to see which foods will give me a reaction so I know which foods to permanently remove from my diet.  Then, after I have carefully done this I may occasionally allow myself to have things like sugar or caffeine (I love black teas!) and limit myself to a "cheat day" to pick one of these items to have.  I am saying this to all of my readers because it gives me the motivation to follow through.  And maybe, it will inspire someone else out there to do the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment